If your home’s water heater is aging, then it might be time to call a plumber for water heater repair in Memphis.
You Need Water Heater Repair in Memphis When . . .
If you’re like most of us, you hate cold showers. Problem is, that’s just one of the issues you could be faced with if your water heater isn’t working properly. What follows are five common types of water heater repair:
- The water heater is overheated. If you can hear boiling sounds emitting from your water heater’s storage tank, it’s a sign the water is overheating. When the water starts to boil, the pressure in the tank will build up and can cause it to explode. This is a highly dangerous situation! Get everyone out of the home and call your plumber immediately!
- There’s no hot water. The direct opposite—no hot water—isn’t dangerous at all, thankfully. However, it’s inconvenient and unpleasant. It usually indicates a problem with the heating element.
- The heater doesn’t provide consistently hot water. This is usually a problem with the thermostat. When that’s broken, it won’t be able to signal correctly to the heating element whether it needs to provide more hot water.
- The storage tank is leaking. This is a big problem and needs to be addressed immediately in order to avoid water damage. In some cases, the tank can be repaired, but in others, it will need to be replaced entirely.
- The water smells terrible. This can happen if you have a build-up of bacteria inside the tank or on the anode rod. Note that these bacteria can be very dangerous—one can be legionella, which can make you sick and, in some cases, even be fatal. Your water heater needs to be thoroughly cleaned, preferably by a professional.
Call Stewart Plumbing for Water Heater Repair in Memphis
If you notice any of these issues with your water heater, then call the team of expert plumbers here at Stewart Plumbing. We have the expertise and equipment to provide you with quick, cost-effective repairs. So don’t wait: call Stewart Plumbing today!