Though heating costs always take a big bite out of your household budget in the winter, these water saving tips from your Memphis plumber can help balance things out a bit.
Water Saving Tips From Your Memphis Plumber
Unless you get your water from a well on your own property, the amount of money you spend during the cold months can rise. The reason for this is simple: when it’s cold out, it takes longer for water to heat up. Plus, many of us like to take looong, hot showers. Even if it’s only a matter of 30 seconds to wait for the water to be warm enough to comfortably wash your hands or bathe, when you add up all of the times you use hot water, the cumulative amount of water your household uses is significant. In order to save water, keep the following tips in mind:
- Take shorter showers. (Yes, we know you want to take longer ones, but just think of that water bill!)
- Don’t let the water run when you’re brushing your teeth or washing your face.
- Insulate your pipes. That way, they won’t freeze and burst. Plus, it’ll reduce the time needed to heat the water.
- Use a low-flow showerhead.
- Install aerators on all faucets.
- Only use the washing machine and dishwasher when you have a full load.
- When washing dishes by hand, let the water gather in the sink instead of letting the water run.
- Regularly check for signs of pipe leaks such as damp spots on the floor or along the walls.
- Repair or replace broken faucets, toilets and other fixtures.
Call Your Memphis Plumber for Repairs
If you’re faced with a broken toilet, leaky faucet or burst pipe, call Stewart Plumbing right away. We understand how important it is for you to keep your water bills low, and of course, minimize any water damage caused by leaks. Plus, we can give you even more tips on how to reduce your household’s water usage. So don’t wait: call Stewart Plumbing right away.