Catch Basins and Storm Drains
A clogged catch basin or storm drain can cause severe flooding and lasting damage to your Memphis home or business. Catch basins and storm drains are an important part of your plumbing system, helping to route water from rains, floods and other ground water into the sewer system and away from vulnerable areas of your home. Catch basins and storm drains funnel away harmful debris such as:
These types of material, if allowed to build up in your sewer system, can clog your drains and result in severe flooding.
Catch Basin and Storm Drain Cleaning Features
- If the catch basins and storm drains around your home are not maintained and cleaned on a regular basis, you will have a flood and backup during heavy downpour or snow melt off.
- When we arrive at your home, we will inspect the storm drains and catch basins to determine the cause of the clog and clean them out. This involves removing grates and getting into the basins to remove stuck debris.
Catch Basin and Storm Drain Cleaning Benefits
Depending on the location of the catch basin or storm drain, the cleaning responsibility may be yours or the city’s. So if you are having clog issues, it is important to check with the city or county sewer department to determine responsibility before you do anything else. Some home have smaller catch basins which are almost always the home owner’s responsibility. But, even if your sewer department is responsible, they may be unaware of the problem and it may take a long time for them to come out and check the problem. If your catch basin or storm drain is frequently flooding, it is best to contact Stewart Plumbing to handle the issue before you have a major problem on your hands. Without working clean outs, you could:
- Experience flooding whenever it rains.
- Ruin the landscaping near the basin.
- Damage the concrete sidewalk or driveway due to erosion from excessive water.
- Have trash, debris and other items in your yard.
Ignoring a clogged storm drain or catch basin today can lead to big trouble tomorrow. Call Stewart Plumbing today and have our experts check out your storms drains and catch basins.