Spring and summer cause a wide range of plumbing issues to pop up. Because most of your plumbing is located behind walls or underground, inspections and repairs used to involve extensive cutting into walls or digging into your yard. With the benefits of a camera inspection, you no longer need to ruin your walls or lawn!
Using this non-invasive tool, plumbers can see directly into your pipes to diagnose the problem without harming your system. Maintaining your plumbing is important, and a camera inspection can help to prevent and treat the following problems in your home.
Problems Camera Inspection Can Detect
- Tree root damage. Did you know that plumbing problems are often caused by tree roots? Because a majority of your plumbing is located underground, it’s likely that they will come face to face with roots. Your main sewer line is full of running water. For trees and plants, this is their source of food. In their quest for nourishment, they may break right into your pipes. This can cause the affected pipes to break or collapse.
- Old pipes. As your pipes age, they are more susceptible to leaks and breakages. Wear and tear over years of use can weaken and warp your plumbing. A camera inspection will be extremely beneficial in confirming the age and condition of your plumbing.
- Extreme clogs. Because some clogs are impossible to reach without professional help, and a camera inspection helps your plumber treat the clog efficiently by finding the direct source.
- Cracked or misaligned pipes. Deep clogs are often caused by a crack in your pipes or a bad connection between them. A camera inspection makes it significantly easier to detect cracks, clogs, and leaks without having to cut into your walls or yard.
How Stewart Plumbing Can Help
Besides the obvious benefit of less destruction while looking for the source of the problem, benefits of a camera inspection done by Stewart Plumbing can include:
- The ability to locate the exact location of the issue: This helps keep the repair localized and less expensive for the homeowner.
- Early problem detection: While you may have called us out for a drain clog, while using the camera we can see if your pipes are corroded, have damage or need replacing. This can catch a small problem before it becomes a major leak or repair.
- Accurate repairs: We no longer have to guess at the cause of your problem. With camera inspection, we will be able to guarantee that the work we did will fix your problem.
Don’t rip open your pipes until you are positive it is necessary. Call in the Stewart Plumbing camera inspection squad today!