Local Plumber Tips to Prepare for the Holidays
A local plumber will be able to ensure this holiday season remains one filled with peace and joy by eliminating any plumbing problems. At this time of year, you may be excited for gift-giving and spending quality time with your family. However, plumbing problems can detract from any good spirits this holiday season, especially if you do not practice proper maintenance. Even allowing just one clog or leak to persist may the one thing that completely ruins your holiday season. When you are already trying to gear your savings this holiday season toward shopping, it can be massively inconvenient when issues with your plumbing system are costing you a significant amount of money on utility bills. Worse, a problem like a pipe leak can also cost you gallons of water that would have otherwise been used for better purposes. Lingering problems will also damage the efficiency of your plumbing fixtures, making you seek replacement far sooner than you expected. Plus, when you already stressed out enough trying to make holiday plans, plumbing problems will just add one more worry to your growing list of concerns. Though you may not be a licensed plumber with the tools and experience needed to complete full-scale plumbing service, you can still take action in ensuring your holiday season is free of plumbing issues.
Why Should You Call Your Local Plumber at Stewart Plumbing?
If you want to ensure your holiday season remains free of plumbing issues, you should call Stewart Plumbing immediately. We are more than willing to provide service through the holidays to guarantee your total and complete satisfaction. Having a local plumber from Stewart Plumbing take a few simple actions in maintaining your home’s plumbing system can go a long way in ensuring a high level of convenience not just for this holiday season, but for the entire year ahead. We can provide a wide range of services to meet all needs including drain cleaning, leak detection, frozen pipe repair, and so much more. If it means you live happily this season, we’ll go the extra mile. With our help, you can experience greater savings on utility bills, which will come in handy when you’re trying to buy your family gifts. Even better, you will be able to spend more quality time with your family without worrying over when the next plumbing emergency will occur. Plus, if you have guests over the house this year, you can entertain them without worrying over not having working fixtures. We’ll ensure the most essential fixtures in your home are working better than ever!
What Can Go Wrong Without Maintenance?
As we mentioned earlier, not maintaining your plumbing system right before the holidays can lead to a ton of problems. Here are 3 of the most major ones:
- Water Damage in Your Home: A pipe leak or leak from one of your plumbing fixtures may lead to wet spots on walls, floors, and ceilings. This water damage will prove costly to fix and may even give rise to mold growth. When you already spending so much this holiday season, spending even more on water damage restoration service can be a real financial setback.
- More Stress and Inconvenience: When you consider just how often you rely on fixtures like toilets and sinks, having one of them not work anymore can be a huge inconvenience. It’s also stressful if you plan on having guests over the house and don’t have working plumbing fixtures to accommodate them.
- Increase in Expenses: By not addressing slow moving drains or clogged toilets right away, significant damage to your pipes that will require you to spend more money on pipe repair. That means the money you would have otherwise saved on gift shopping, preparing dinners, and more will have to go toward fixing your plumbing system instead.
4 Preparation Tips for the Holidays
While you may not be a licensed, experienced plumber, you can still prepare your plumbing system for holiday festivities by taking note of these 5 tips:
- Avoid Drain Cleaning Products: If you experience a drain clog this season, you may just use that that trusty bottle of chemical drain cleaning product to solve the problem. However, these products do more harm than good. The chemical components will actually eat away at your drains and leave you seeking pipe repair sooner than you realize.
- Break Up Blockages: Buildup in your drains may be inevitable, but it can be quite easy to remove. All you need to do is run extremely hot water down the drain to clear any source of blockage. The hot water works as lubricant and will loosen any substance sticking to the walls of your drainage pipes.
- Be Prepared: If you do plan on having guests over the house this holiday season, you should prepare your bathroom. Make sure to keep a plunger handy in the event of any minor clog so it can be quickly removed. You should also keep a trash can next to the toilet so occupants will have an alternate method of disposal instead throwing any material down the toilet that shouldn’t belong there.
- Do Not Throw Grease Down the Drain: If you plan on cooking meals this season using grease or cooking oil, do not throw the excess grease or oil down the drain. It will harden and stick to the walls of your drains, almost becoming impossible to remove. You should instead discard in the regular garbage to avoid a massive clog.
Let A Local Plumber From Stewart Plumbing Help You Enjoy The Holiday Season – Schedule A Plumbing System Check Today
Contact Stewart Plumbing today if you want to avoid a holiday season filled with stress thanks to work from our local plumber!