Perhaps you’ve heard of the expression, “If it’s not broke, don’t fix it.” While there are several areas of your life where this saying proves true, all too often it’s used as a way to cover up any underlying problems, namely with your plumbing system. If your plumbing system is broken, it does need to be fixed immediately. Plumbing fixtures like toilets and sinks are highly essential to your everyday life and when they’re not working, it can really throw off how you function in your home on a daily basis.
Stewart Plumbing is here to provide you with plumbing repair in Memphis, TN that works to get rid of your plumbing problems so you can enjoy this spring to its fullest. We handle any repair thrown our way, ranging from faucet leaks to full-scale sewer service. No matter what you need, you can always count on us to provide service that keeps your interests front and center. We will make you 100% satisfied with your plumbing system so you can live the rest of the spring in style.
Plumbing Repair Tips for Homeowners
In addition to receiving our services this spring, please take the following actions to ensure your plumbing system is ready to go:
- Make Sure Toilet is Flushing: A common indicator of toilet problems is when your toilet begins to flush slowly or doesn’t flush at all. The key here is to test the handle. If the toilet handle needs to be held down or jiggled in order to operate properly, it’s a sign you have old parts in need of replacement, which are fortunately inexpensive.
- Install a Backflow Valve: If you live in an area where sewer backup is a common occurrence, installing backflow prevention will keep your water healthy to use. A backflow valve can also prevent contaminated water from damaging your plumbing fixtures.
- Drain Water Heater Tank: The spring season is the perfect time to drain your water heater tank. The water inside the tank may soon become affected by corrosion caused by a buildup of sediment, which can result in loud, banging noises and damage to the actual tank.
- Pipe Leak Detection: If you want to save money on water bills this season, detecting pipe leaks in your home is one of the best ways to do it. You can identify pipe leaks with the following signs: damp walls and floors, stained ceilings, higher water bills, musty odors, etc. From there, call a professional at Stewart who can provide you proper leak repair.
- Consider Sump Pump Installation: Memphis has seen some bad flooding over the course of its history, so you need to install a sump pump in your home to protect it from any heavy rainfall that may occur thus season. A sump pump can also help lower your home’s chances of experiencing water damage.
Contact Stewart Plumbing today if you need plumbing repair in Memphis, TN that will ensure your spring remains problem-free.