The Levites Academy is a story that will bring you to tears, a story of God’s work accomplished over several years that has now made significant progress. This work has impacted 45 Ugandan children so far in their first month and has been a blessing in their lives.
What is The Levites Academy
The Levites Academy is a school dedicated to providing children with the tools and education required for them to succeed in life and live abundantly in Christ. Children are learning traditional school subjects and trades to prepare them for self-reliance in a challenging environment.
The Journey and The Goal
The path to get to where they are now has been difficult and very challenging to say the least. But with the support from the community and generous contributors, the school is now up and running and open for enrollment with 45 kids currently. We believe that every child deserves a great education and equal opportunities to succeed. The Levites Academy is an outlet to ensure these things.
- Great education grounded in truth
- Growth in their relationship with Christ
- Vocational education and preparation
Since the opening, students are now reading, crafting, learning skills, working, solving problems, and developing their minds. Without this academy, this work would be impossible, and God has used the project leaders, Joe and Emily Wakabi, to bring this project to fruition.
Despite several advancements made in this project, the Levites Academy still faces several challenges and requires support to continue and expand. Stewart Plumbing has had the privilege of being a part of this work. Although we cannot be there physically all the time, we can still send our prayers and financial support, knowing that every dollar will be used for the glory of God in Uganda.
Here are just a few of the challenges the Levites Academy faced while building this school and is still struggling with today:
- Lack of access to education due to the inability to pay fees
- Some students need to work in exchange for tuition due to poverty and economic hardship
- Dependence on handouts in the community
- Prevalence of witch doctors in the area
- Lack of self-reliant skills in the community
If you want to join us at Stewart Plumbing to support the Levites Academy contact our support team at email@example.com or visit their website here. The Levites Academy would love and appreciate your support for the following projects:
- Development and building of a strong faculty in both traditional K-12 education and Career and Technical Education (CTE)
- Construction and purchase of equipment to support faculty and student learning
- Support for the well-being of students, their families, and staff.