5 Easy Toilet Repair Tips
Toilet repair is a must this season if your current toilet is giving you trouble. After all, the toilet is the most essential plumbing fixture in your home and one clog can throw off home convenience in a hurry. Not to mention, clogs or overflows can potentially result in unsanitary consequences, especially when your toilet is leaking with water and who knows what else. Making matters even more complicated is that the number of toilets in the average American household is growing, with more homes having more than one toilet. In fact, according to the United States Census Bureau, the numbers of new homes with three or more bathrooms each now outnumber new homes built with one to one and one-half bathrooms by a ratio of nearly ten to one. It can be a major plumbing emergency if you experience clogs in more than one toilet, and certainly bring you more stress than ever before. Many toilets problems will occur due to a homeowner’s own lack of knowledge on how to avoid them. If you currently have no idea how you can stay away from toilet troubles, now is the perfect time to do so, right before the winter begins. Just by calling up your local plumber for advice, you can ensure you avoid the high stress of a clog and focus more on enjoying the season with your family.
Why You Should Call Stewart Plumbing
If you want your toilet repair done as soon as possible, please call Stewart Plumbing. We can ensure toilet problems are far from your mind this season. Families who frequently deal with clogged or slow toilets are being forced to sacrifice much of the enjoyment they should get from living in the home. But as far as we’re concerned, it doesn’t have to be this way. We can turn your plumbing system around and change it for the better so you’re not worried about a clog or overflow every time someone in your household flushes the toilet. Even if you experience a clog at the last possible moment, you can count on us to provide emergency plumbing repair to save your toilet from a major problem just in time. We will also provide you with a greater understanding of your toilet so you will know what mistakes to avoid with your plumbing in the future. This will guarantee you keep the costs of plumbing repair down a low, and extend the lifespan of your toilet by years.
How Can You Save Money on Toilet Repair?
While most people will simply call a plumber to fix their plumbing woes (and they’re not wrong!), you can also take action on your own time to ensure your toilet avoids clogs and keeps working to the best of its abilities:
- Educate Family Members: The small children and adults in alike in your household need to be taught what shouldn’t be thrown down the drain, especially children who may opt to flushing their favorite toy. But adults aren’t immune to mistakes either, and they may make a poor judgement call leading to a major clog. In general, you should inform your family these objects should stay far away from your toilet: paper products, household waste products, or other everyday materials like articles of clothing.
- Flush Twice, But Beware: You absolutely should flush twice in a situation where you are unable to get waste down after the first flushing attempt. However, if you need to flush twice more often, it may be indicative of a serious problem with your toilet that requires a video inspection from a licensed plumber at Stewart.
- Provide an Alternate Garbage Disposal: One of the easiest ways to prevent inappropriate objects and materials from being placed into the toilet is to provide an alternate disposal option for family members and guests who use your bathroom. The most common solution is to place a small trash can near each toilet in the home, which will ensure any material that shouldn’t go down the drain is properly discarded.
- Keep Surfaces Clear: Many clogged toilets also result from accidents where an object is knocked into the toilet accidentally, which is usually a small object from a counter or over-the-toilet shelving like jars, bottles, sponges, and more. When these objects land in the toilet and are flushed accidentally, a clog will occur quite easily, so it’s best to keep these counters and shelves clear to prevent such a situation from occurring.
- Learn to Plunge: When you need to flush the toilet repeatedly just to get waste down, you are losing water and hurting the fixture’s efficiency. With that in mind, you should always have a plunger handy for any last-minute drain cleaning needed. In case you weren’t aware how to plunge effectively, these are the steps you should be taking: insert the plunger into the toilet bowl, ensure there is enough water in the bowl to gain suction, position the plunger over the drainage hole, then plunge vigorously until the water levels in the toilet bowl go down. If the water levels do go down, this means you have plunged effectively.
Get Ahead Of The Problem Before It Gets Worse – Schedule A Toilet Repair Today
Contact Stewart Plumbing today if you are currently experience problems with your plumbing system so our team can provide high-quality toilet repair!